All our spiral staircases are custom built to fit your needs. A “Basic” spiral is constructed from welded steel with hardwood treads (shipped un-finished and un-attached) and a flat black finish. Each stair is shipped 95% complete. Field assembly is limited to anchoring at the top and bottom and attaching the treads. “Basic” stairs are available from 3’-6′ diameter to 8’-0” diameter in 6” increments up to any height with a 22.5 or a 30 degree tread. Note: The 5’-0” diameter 30 degree tread spiral is the minimum size required to meet national building code. Customers are requested to check with their local code enforcement agency or officer for local code requirements.
We deliver to New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York and Rhode Island. Maine deliveries are free. Deliveries outside of Maine are at cost and are usually less than the state sales tax.
We build all of our stairwells to comply with the latest
international building code.
A variety of materials can be used for our stair construction. Aluminum and Galvanized are best for outside use to prevent corrosion:
- All steel
- Steel and wood combined
- Anodized Aluminum
- Stainless Steel
- Standard – “Basic Stair”: 1″ sch 40 steel pipe with 1/2″ sch 40 steel pipe vertical balusters
- Optional – “Parallel Rail”: 1″ sch 40 steel pipe with 1/2″ sch 40 steel pipe 5-line or 8-line parallel rails
- Optional – Hardwood rails and balusters
- Optional – Custom rails and balusters to fit your requirements
Treads and Supports
- Standard – “Basic Stair”: 3/4″ thick Oak, Ash, or Maple with a steal flat bar tread support
- Optional – Other wood species
- Optional – 1 1/2″ thick treads
- Optional – Fan treads (similar to a grating tread but with a radial pattern)
- Optional – Tapered tread supports
Landing Support and Rails
Our “Basic” stair comes equipped with a landing frame that is set at the correct elevation to accept your existing sub-floor and finished floor material. A landing surface, landing rails and balcony rails to match your custom built spiral can be provided for an additional cost.
Finish – Hardwood
- Wood species for a “Basic” stair includes Oak, Ash or Maple
- Pressure treated and Cypress are suitable for exterior applications
- All hardwood is sanded to 80 grit
- Finishing and installation is to be done by others
- For other wood species please call
Finish – Paint
- All stairs are mechanically and/or chemically cleaned prior to painting
- “Basic” stairs are primed and painted flat black
- Optional finishes include: Custom colors, exterior paint, powder coated, galvanized, galvanized and painted, anodized aluminum and brushed or polished stainless steel.
Notice: The selection of spiral stairs and railings and their compliance with governing building codes, safety laws, or any other law, ordinance, regulation, etc., is the sole responsibility of the buyer and/or those representing the buyer. Maine Spiral Staircase Corp. can custom build to any building codes required and can supply code related information for review by local code officials.